Global Book Launch Events
28 March 2019: Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan
Join us for the spring book launch in Tokyo, Japan. The event entitled Informal Governance in Russia and Post-Soviet Regimes: Evidence from the Global Informality Project will take place on 28 March 2019 at Sophia University.
7 December 2018: 50th Annual ASEEES convention
Round table The Global Encyclopedia of Informality: Towards Understanding of Social and Cultural Complexity at the 50th Annual ASEEES convention was chaired by Elena Denisova-Schmidt, University St. Gallen (Switzerland) and attended by Predrag Cveticanin, University of Nis (Serbia), Eric D. Gordy, UCL, Michal Murawski and Alena Ledeneva.
New York, USA
4 December 2018: NYU Jordan Center for the Advanced Study of Russia
Washington D.C., USA
3 December 2018: Elliott School of International Affairs, George Washington University, Washington D.C.
30 November 2018: University of Zurich, Switzerland
At the conference Informal Housing and Property Rights in Eastern Europe and Central Asia at the ISEK-Social Anthropology, University of Zurich, with round table participants: workshop organizers Eliza Isabaeva, University of Zurich, Jovana Dikovic, University of Zurich, and Udo Grasshoff, UCL, and Petra Matijevic.
28 November 2018: UCL SSEES
Alena Ledeneva and Cosimo Stahl were joined by Mr. Sung-Woon Na, Director, Institution Improvement General Division , Mr. Jun-Min Lee, Deputy Director, Institution Improvement General Division, Mr. Sung-Ho Jang, Deputy Director, Economic Institutional Improvement Division and Ms. Eun-Kyung Yang, Deputy Director, Complaints Information Analysis Division.
6 November 2018: The Paris Institute for Advanced Study
The Encyclopaedia returns to the Institute of Advanced Studies, where it was born in 2013-14, and to Paris, home of all Encyclopaedias.
22 October 2018: Rīga Stradiņš University (Rīgas Stradiņa universitāte), Riga, Latvia
St Petersburg, Russia
19 October: European University at St Petersburg, Russia
20 October: VII Annual International Conference on Governance in the Global World, Higher School of Economics, St Petersburg, Russia
9-11 October 2018: 13th Annual World Customs Organization PICARD Conference, Malatya, Turkey
11 June 2018: Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Alena Ledeneva, School of Slavonic and East European Studies, University College London
- Eric Gordy, School of Slavonic and East European Studies, University College London
- Predrag Cvetičanin, Faculty of Arts, University of Niš
- Authors of Serbian entries to the Global Encyclopaedia of Informality
- Ivana Spasić
8 June 2018: HSE-EACES Workshop, International Center for the Study of Institutions and Development at Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
With Andrei Yakovlev and Timothy Frye.
24 April 2018: Basel Institute on Governance, Basel, Switzerland
12 April 2018: Institute for Democracy 'Societas Civilis' Skopje, Macedonia (FYROM)
26 March 2018: University of Lund, Sweden
6 April 2018: Center for Russian & East European Institute, School of Global & International Studies, Indiana University
Alisha Kirchoff, PhD student in Sociology at Indiana University has written a blog on the event.
22 March 2018: SSEES, UCL, London
List of speakers:
Introducing the panel:
- Jakob Stougaard-Nielsen, Deputy Director of UCL IAS, UCL SELCS
- Peter Zusi, Director of the FRINGE Centre, UCL SSEES
- Alena Ledeneva, Professor of Politics and Society UCL SSEES
- Marissa Smith, Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow, UCL Anthropology
- Predrag Cvetičanin, Centre for Empirical Cultural Studies of South-East Europe, Belgrade
- Mark Pyman, Senior Fellow, Institue for Statecraft, London
- Saadi Lahlou, Professor of Social Psychology, LSE Department of Psychological and Behavioural Science
- Anna Bailey, Alumni UCL SSEES
- Gregory Asmolov, Postdoctoral Fellow, King's College London
13 March 2018: Zentrum Liberale Moderne forum, Berlin
Alena Ledeneva and Eduard Klein joined the UCL Press dissemination stand and event at the Centre for Liberal Modernity forum in Berlin. (On the photo: Alena Ledeneva with Viktor Voronkov, Centre for Independent Studies, St Petersburg.)